Further details on the language in HR 2748:
1. Protections against closings of rurual post offices.
2. Skip prefunding payments on future retiree health care premiums until 2016.
3. Allow USPS to calculate the prefunding on a more actuarial basis.
4. End letter delivery on Saturday.
5. Establish a new chief innovation officer position.
6. Fase out door-to-door delivery in favor of clusterboxes.
7. Use surpluses in postal pension systems to "safeguard" other benefits.
8. Allow certain residents to maintain door-to-door delivery after paying a fee for that service.
This bill will be debated by the House Oversight and Govermental Reform Committee on Wednesday, July24.